At this reporting, Fascist Suthep has closed off the building that the Election Commission (EC) has set up operation to take registration of Thais who wants to run for MPs seat in the next general election. The EC earlier said if those interested can not register their intention to go to the police station to lodge a complaint and they will not loose their registration and running for MP right. However, Fascist Suthep’s thugs, went to surround the near by police station.
In poll after poll in Thailand, about 70% to 80% of the Thais wants democracy, but about 25% wants some form of dictatorship. Fascist Suthep is able to galvanize this 25%, mostly in Bangkok, then combining that with Democrat Party Southern voter base, into a movement that at times, will organize big protest gathering against Democracy, getting about 100K to 200K protesters.
“In every country there are those who are against Democracy. For example, in Japan there are those against Democracy, but Thailand is strange. Here in Thailand, those who does not want Democracy is some-what powerful. These Thais will say it openly that they are against Democracy and do not want election. In other countries people do not say such thing. But Thailand is strange, that the Thais will say they are against Democracy openly and not fear of embarrassment,” says Tamada Yoshifumi, lecturer at Tokyo University, Japan, at a recent Thai Study Conference.
- Chile captalize on FTA with Thailand, brings Chile seafood to Thailand with UK’s Tesco help (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Bad day for Thailand’s Fascist Suthep as globe wants election & military wants neutrality (aseandefense.wordpress.com)
- With most Thai school supporting Fascism, can Thailand ever become an education hub? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand: Democracy in the Balance (nationalinterest.org)
- Thai protest leader Suthep a son of the elite with an axe to grind (willyloman.wordpress.com)
- Thai protesters claim authority over government (sfgate.com)
- Fascism: Abhisit’s Dems Fascist attempting to take control of Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit’s Dems Fascist attempting to take control of Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai PM insists she will not resign before polls (globalnews.ca)