Thai Rath, Thailand’s most powerful and mostly anti Thaksin newspaper, reports about 800,000 Thai rice farmers have agreed to switch to sugarcane growing, under a Yingluck’s government campaign on “Agricultural Zoning.” Thai Rath reports the total amount of land involved is about 1 million rai, involving rice farmers that are about 50 kilometers from sugar making factory. Thai Rath said the zoning is part of Yingluck’s campaign to reduce rice growing in Thailand, as there is likely a global glut of rice in the coming years, and Thailand’s rice subsidy scheme have added to Thailand’s rice stock.
- China & Thailand solidify rice for high speed train exchange (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck Dissolves House, but Thai Fascist will be still Fascist? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Citing Democratic Principles, Yingluck Dissolves House (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- The Government’s Secret Weapon? (the-american-interest.com)
- Thailand PM dissolves Parliament, calls elections (foxnews.com)