A few years back, when the Red Shirts occupied the shopping area of Rajprasong, the majority of the people of Bangkok were out-raged at the Red Shirts protesters, saying the protest was hurting the economy. During that protest, many Red Shirts noted, that the people of Bangkok, years earlier, mostly supported the Yellow Shirts occupation of the airport, and brush aside the US$ billions of damage to the Thai economy. Some Red Shirts are noting the same again, as the Thai central bank chief, said a few days ago, that Thai economy is starting to get hurt from the protest, yet silence from the Bangkokians on the negative impact of their protest on the economy. It must also be noted, that one of the major rationale on the call by the majority of Bangkok people, to stop the Red Shirts protest at Rajprasong, was because of the damage to the economy. That crack-down, saw about 100 protesters killed.
- About 80K to 100K Red Shirts protest in support 0f Democracy & Yingluck, ahead of Thai Cambodia ruling (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- The Shinawatra Family & The Red Shirts Relationship? Here is the fact sheet! (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Red Shirts TV sickening censorship of the voice of Red Shirts dissents (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai ‘Red Shirts’ rally ahead of key amnesty debate (nation.com.pk)
- Thai ‘Red Shirts’ rally ahead of key amnesty debate (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Thai ‘Red Shirts’ rally ahead of debate (skynews.com.au)