Several local press reports, former Prime Minister, Mr. Abhisit Vejjajiva, and his deputy, Mr. Suthep Thuegsuban, were indicted to face charges for authorising the military crackdown to calm the unrest in Bangkok in 2010. Mr. Nantasak Poonsuk, Spokesperson for the Office of Attorney General (OAG) said that the OAG agreed with the proposal made by the Division of Special investigation (DSI) that Mr. Abhisit and Mr. Suthep, who are currently serving as Democrat MPs, are guilty for the decision, which resulted in the death of 92 people. Presented evidence and witnesses indicated that Mr. Abhisit and Mr. Suthep’s decision to allow the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation to launch the military crackdown and the use of live ammunition are considered as an ′overreaction′operate military crackdown and the use of real weapons was casted as ‘overreaction’ and had led to several deaths and injuries, said the OAG spokesperson.
AP Reports; Prosecutors in Thailand have indicted a former prime minister for his alleged role in the deaths of demonstrators during a 2010 crackdown on anti-government protests. Attorney-General’s Office spokesman Nanthasak Poolsuk said on Monday that Abhisit Vejjajiva was charged with “causing others to commit murders” through orders he issued to end a nine-week occupation of downtown Bangkok by anti-government protesters. More than 90 people were killed during the protests, many of them when security forces swept demonstrators from the streets. Mr Nanthasak says former deputy premier Suthep Thaugsuban was also indicted on the same charges on Monday. Suthep was in charge of the ad hoc government-run security agency at the time.(Source)
- Thai ex-PM indicted for killings in 2010 crackdown (nzherald.co.nz)
- Oxford dual, Abhisit & Korn, not “White Lie” but “Propaganda Lie” Kittirat plans VAT increase (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Amnesty & Reconciliation: The Shinawatra Family caught between The Red Shirts and Abhisit? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Ever wonder why Abhisit is the way he is? New Statesman looks at his school, Eton (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- The great Thai debate of who is the ignorant idiotic fool: Abhisit helps settle the question (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)