Thailand had been faced with an increase internet attack, with news coming out, of mostly public websites being hit. Even Thailand’s Prime Minister Yingluck, have seen her social network channels been hit several times. In the past, often, it took a great deal of time, to fix the attack, such as defacement, that had left many Thai public units highly embarrassed, as the time needed to fix the problem at times, took days. However, perhaps to improve response time, Thailand’s Computer Emergency Response Team (ThaiCert), a unit under Thailand’s public organization, Electronic Transactions Development Agency, have sign a cooperative MOU with the USA private firm, SANS Institute, reports Matichon, a Thai press for the progressive intellect. The SANS Institute is a top private U.S. company that specializes in internet security training. It also ranks among the globe’s best. It was founded in 1989 and provides computer security training, professional certification through Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), and a research archive – the SANS Reading Room. It also operates the Internet Storm Center, an Internet monitoring system staffed by a global community of security practitioners. The trade name SANS (deriving from SysAdmin, Audit, Networking, and Security) belongs to the for-profit Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies.
- SANS launches UK’s largest Virtual Careers Fair for InfoSec professionals (prfire.co.uk)
- Thai Cambodia relation heats up again! Confused? Here is the fact sheet (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck to open up Thailand for global discussionon the “Rule of Law” (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Latest re-shuffle at Thai army: On the Defense & Offense (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- From flood to intelligence, Administrative Court lays “Destructive Path” across Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)