Yingluck is at APEC, busy as a bee. And while usually, with every Yingluck trip abroad, her antagonist here in Thailand would find something to attack Yingluck with. But on this trip, so far, here in Thailand, the news on Yingluck APEC trip, is mostly possitive.
Thailand’s English newspers, along with most local Thai language press reports Thai Prime Minister Yingluc has had a busy schedule at the current round of Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) leaders meet. Yingluck namely asked APEC to look more than just at trade and investment to build security within the grouping, but to focus on the people and promote sustainable growth.
Yingluck began her first day at the Apec Summit 2013 attending the Apec Business Advisory Council Dialogue with Leaders. She joined a workshop with leaders from China, Canada and Papua New Guinea. Also more focused on Thailand, Yingluck expressed interest in issues concerning the supply chain connectivity, food security and funding to infrastructure projects, while local reports APEC council asked Thailand about its supports to small and medium-sized enterprises as well as measures to cope with the cost of living and innovation development.
Local press also reports Thailand is considering the issue of joinning free-trade pacts, TPP. Yingluck told the US business community yesterday that the Thai government was preparing to negotiate entry into numerous free-trade arrangements, including the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). She says Thailand is open for the planned Bt2 trillion worth of infrastructure projects to foreign investors.
Yingluck also briefed business people at the APEC on the general state of the Thai economic environment, political stability and the investment climate, as well as the government’s planned Bt2-trillion infrastructure mega-projects, which she said would support the trade and commerce prospects in this region, especially under the ASEAN Economic Community 2015.
- Yingluck to open up Thailand for global discussionon the “Rule of Law” (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- From flood to intelligence, Administrative Court lays “Destructive Path” across Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Rubber farmers violent & disruptive protest tapers off, but situation sensitive & volatile (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck plans to pull Thai China friendship string to help Thai rice & rubber farmers (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- “News Outfits” spread news Yingluck spends US$7,000 on meals (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)