Several local press reports the Thai Central Bank, is planning to liberalize the ATM bank card business, ahead of the ASEAN ACE. The Central Bank, according to the Thai press, wants those holding Thai bank ATM to be able to use the ATM, at banks throughout banks in ASEAN. Consequently, the same thing will occur for those holding banks in ASEAN ATM card, to be able to use the cards with Thai bank. However, some press reports the Thai banking industry, considered a monopoly, have together cornered that Thai banks ATM machine usage, not giving access to foreign bank in Thailand, access to the system. One local press puts it bluntly, Thai banks are un-likely to open up the system, to outsiders.
- ATM Cabinets: The best option to gain profits from your ATM Business (psworks4.wordpress.com)
- Highly controversial, but now Thailand’s Central Bank bullish on Thai Sovereign Wealth Fund (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand’s Central Bank chief still bullish, despite US$3 billion capital exit (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Foreign Gang Fake’s ATM Card (pattayadailynews.com)
- GhIPSS Records 600% Rise In The Use Of Other Banks ATMs (spyghana.com)