For the past few weeks, it was the deepest of Doom and Gloom for Emerging markets, as stocks and currency markets plunged. But the sell off has so far, tapered off somewhat, with selective buying. And at Thailand‘s stock market, industrial estate stocks are zooming up. AMATA, for example, active in Thailand and Vietnam, moved up by nearly 6% on some days, says Hhao Hun, a Thai newspaper on stock market investment. Khao Hun said despite the questions on Emerging Markets economic fundamentals, the Thai investment promotion unit, issued some bullish numbers for industrial estate developers, being that the value of investment promotion application, was up some 28% to stand at about US$20 billion, for the first 7 months of this year.
- No doom and gloom here: London real-estate association (metronews.ca)
- Marc Faber on Why The Market is Up when The Economy is Down (newsbooze.com)
- Momentum Stocks in Focus – AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate (ETF) (NYSEARCA:IYR), Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEARCA:VWO), Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL) (sbwire.com)
- Sorry, Investors, You’re Wrong About Emerging Markets (minyanville.com)
- El-Erian Says Emerging Market Woes to Create U.S. Headwinds – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)