Local press reports the Thailand‘s Prime Minister, Yingluck, is greatly worried that the number of Thailand’s researchers have dropped to 7 person per 10,000 people, against a global standard of 15 researchers per 10,000 people. Yingluck was speaking at Thailand’s Innovation Forum: R&D to Commercialization. On her inaugural address to Thailand’s Parliament, 2 years ago, Yingluck said increasing Thailand’s R&D spending, is one of her top priority. Since then, she has created an entreprenural fund for graduating students and have increased spending on R&D, particularly on Nano Technology. To address her concern, Yingluck said the government will allocate a budget of about US$200 million, dedicated to R&D. One problem is that Thailand has about 7 government unit, dedicated to promoting R&D, and Yingluck said the work of the 7 units should be stream-line and coordinated for better effectiveness.
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck says she has no “Scared Feelings” of Thailand’s military (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Bangkok Post says Abhisit Dems will try to stop Tony Blair & Kofi Annand joining Yingluck’s brain-storming forum (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Insane? Thailand’s national human rights unit imply Ekayuth killed by Yingluck’s people (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit Focus: 1) Kofi says prior engagement for absent & Abhisit says Kofi shuns Yingluck (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit’s Dems calls Yingluck a dictator for “Line” move despite Dems wanting to ban “Facebook” & “YouTube” (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)