Thailand‘s Prime Minister, Yingluck, in her capacity as Defense Minister, made a second visit to the Defense Ministry today, and met all head of the Thai military branches. After the meeting, Yingluck and the top Thai soldiers, including the Thai Army Chief, Prayuth, held a press briefing. Yingluck said during the briefing, that she has no “Scared Feelings” of the Thai military, and that both, the government and the military, if they understood each sides role and duty, would have no problems working together. Thaksin, Yingluck’s brother, while he was Thailand’s prime minister, under the last constitution, had the right to appoint top soldiers and exercised the right, alienating Prem, the traditional King maker in the Thai military. Furthermore, the Thai military, under Sorrayuth, who became the 2006 coup prime minister, sent its troops into Myanmar to tackle the drug trade, which the drug war escalated, and resulting in Thaksin putting s stop to that campaign. That also greatly angering the Thai military establishment. Under current 2006 coup constitution, the King maker in the military is the military, barring politician involvement, a rule, most neutral observer says is un-democratic and set the Thai military out as an independent unit, re-reinforcing the State withing a State country. Thailand is rated as the country with the 4th most coups, globally, hitting with about 20 to 30 coups since lifting absolute monarchy some 80 years ago.
- Abhisit Focus: 7) Abhisit plans to stop Kofi Annand & Tony Blair from joining Yingluck’s brain-storming forum (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit Focus: 1) Kofi says prior engagement for absent & Abhisit says Kofi shuns Yingluck (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Insane? Thailand’s national human rights unit imply Ekayuth killed by Yingluck’s people (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck met Fan Changlong, vice chairman of China Cemtral Military Commission (aseandefense.wordpress.com)
- Democrat Party MP bitched at Yingluck, says Thai military exists under a “Trashy Skirt” (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Protest greets Yingluck at Defense Ministry, says shame to military having to salute a “Pussy” (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Kofi Annand says prior engagement for absent & Abhisit’s says Kofi Annand shuns Yingluck (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)