True cable TV reports total investment in Vietnam by CP, have reached US$1 billion. Most of the investment is related to food, using some of Asia most advance technology. CP says its secret in successful investment in Vietnam is in human resource management. CP says Vietnam is a major agriculture country with a large population, that can also serve as a market for its output. CP head, Dhanin, is rated by Forbes as the richest person in Thailand with wealth about US$4 billion. In Thailand, CP just purchased the super-store chain, Macro, prompting many critic to say CP is loaded up on debt. CP’s telecom arm in Thailand, was warned by a credit agency that its move into 3G have deteriorated its credit rating position. CP have responded with an infrastructure fund, to pay down the debt.
- Strong Issan Economy is vote buying? What Reuters will not tell you (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Thailand’s largest global class conglomerate, CP, continues acquisition spree, picking up Israel insurer (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Competitiveness: 2) Strong Issan Economy? What Reuters & Bangkok Post will not tell you! (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thailand Emerges as Bright Spot in Mergers and Acquisitions (blogs.wsj.com)
- India to link with Myanmar port to boost ASEAN connectivity (dnaindia.com)