Thailand‘s pro elite establishment and anti democracy newspaper, Bangkok Post, reported that Abhisit‘s Dems will try to stop Tony Blair and Kofi Annand from joining Yingluck‘s brain-storming forum, on how to reform Thailand’s democracy. Bangkok Post said Abhisit’s dems will seek to contact both, Tony Blair and Kofi Annand and discuss the matter with them. Abhisit’s Dems says the cost of inviting Tony Blair and Kofi Annand to give their talk will be a burden on Thailand’s budget. And dispite Yingluck’s Pheu Thai Party, having invited Abhisit’s Dems and the Yellow Shirts to join the forum, Abhisit says those being invited are only people with the same view of Thailand as the Yingluck’s government. Abhisit’s Dems and the Yellow Shirts have both refused to join the forum. Abhisit Dems also say that the brain-storming forum is a plan to distract the Thai society from the current Amnesty Bill. Thus far a wide ranging number of Thais have agreed to join the forum, including Pichai, an iconic Dems figure. However, Abhisit’s Dems have criticized Pichai and others for joining the forum.
- Politics: 1) Bangkok Post & Abhisit use Egypt’s situation to legitimize elite establishment control of Thailand (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck’s forum on how to solve Thailand’s political problems gets Tony Blair & Kofi Annan (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit, Oxford grad, homely & polite, shocked critics with successive use of “Extreme Swear Word” in speech (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Corruption Focus: 3) Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: 2) What if what we see is the nature of the elite establishment & not a political game? (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Abhisit’s Dems rev up “Word of Mouth Workshop” to by-pass facts & reason (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)