Mark Mobius, called the foremost emerging markets investment guru, whose investment return have under-perform in recent years, said he is “Overweight on Thailand” in a Reuters video interview. Mobius has been a key figure in developing international policy for emerging markets. In 1999, he was selected to serve on the World Bank‘s Global Corporate Governance Forum as a member of the Private Sector Advisory Group and as co-chair of the Investor Responsibility Taskforce. He has also been featured as a speaker  for the World Bank in 1999 and has given seminars for many other groups, including for the Asian Development Bank in 2002 and as a motivational speaker for the London Speaker Bureau. As a recognized industry expert, Mobius appears frequently on financial industry television shows and networks, including Bloomberg, CNBC, MSNBC, and CNN, and has given/written thousands of interviews and opinion pieces over the years. In addition, Mobius has earned numerous accolades from the investment industry. Among them are:
- One of “Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People” by Asiamoney magazine. 2006.
- “Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year 2001″ by International Money Marketing, 2001.
- “Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century” by the Carson Group, 1999.
- “Number One Global Emerging Market Fund” by Reuters, 1998.
- “1994 First in Business Money Manager of the Year” by CNBC, 1994.
- “Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year” by Morningstar, 1993.
- “Investment Trust Manager of the Year 1992” by Sunday Telegraph, 1992.
Mobius has also been given various humorous nicknames over the years, including the “Pied Piper of emerging markets”, the “dean of emerging markets”, a world “globetrotter”, and the Yul Brynner of Wall Street due to his signature bald head look. Mobius is also a regular monthly columnist for the Asia Tatler group of magazines, wherein he authors a column on “Wealth”
- VIDEO: Mobius looks to frontier markets for bargains (marketcurator.com)
- Greece: The Submerging Market (and Others Surfacing) (businessinsider.com)
- Emerging market expert Mobius bullish on gold, BRICs and Southeast Asia (mining.com)
- Mark Mobius, the “Guru of emergent markets”, tells investors to look at Eastern European countries like Romania for gains (phgconsulting.wordpress.com)
- Mark Mobius bullish on gold, oil and Southeast Asia (business.financialpost.com)