A 2-minute, 45-second YouTube video is entitled “Al-Qaeda video against former Thailand Prime Minister” was posted on YouTube yesterday and then removed. The video clip showed three men in Arab clothing, one armed with rifle, with the “leader” in the centre, reading a death threat. Later in the video, two men also were shown with rifles, AK-47s. The third man held a photo of Thaksin. The weapons appear to be toys replica. The man in the center who read the statement did not covered his face, but the others hid their face. The un-masked man appeared to be an Arab. The statement included threats to kill Thaksin, “to avenge the killing of Muslims in the South in 2004″ referring to the killings at Tak Bai district town, while Thaksin was premier. “You have killed our Muslim brothers in Tak Bai, south Thailand,” the video stated. “We will get you any time, anywhere in the world,” said the speaker.The Tak Bai incident involved a segment of the Muslim in the South, surrounding a police station to get the release of suspect militants who were arrested. The military rounded up the protesters and packed them into trucks. About 100 Muslim protesters died in “Suffocation.” The first upload to YouTube was removed with the notice: “This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube’s policy on violence” but versions of it kept getting posted. While it is believed southern militants have no connections with al-Qaeda, some analyst said there is a connection. (Up-Dated) Thailand’s intelligence apparatus say the video is fake, with some saying it is the Guy Fawkes movement that has staged the event for internal Thailand political objective.
- Thaksin & 2006 Coup prime minister, separately, calls for a united Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thaksin latest leak video: Much to do about nothing! (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- “The Great Thai Divide” explained (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Politics: 1) The “Great Thai Divide” explain (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Thaksin climbs back to list of top ten richest Thai, approaching US$2 billion again (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Much hated Thaksin Village Fund to solar electrify Thailand (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)