Thailand’s prime Minister Yingluck and Chiranuch, editor of Prachathai, made Newsweek list of the top 150 Fearless Women Who Shake the World. Yingluck won the placement, according to Newsweek, because she won a landslide election victory with little experience in politics and is the hope of the Thai people after years of political turmoil. Newsweek also noted Yingluck’s ability to take Thailand out of a devastating flood only months into her office. Chiranouch won the placement for having to fight a potential 20 years jail sentence for lese majeste and her news outfit, Prachathai, exemplified the best in Thai journalist that fought against censorship.
- Ex Supreme Court judge blast Yingluck as lack of morality for visiting sex resort town, Pattaya (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thais in Deep South mostly supports Yingluck’s government talks with militant (aseandefense.wordpress.com)
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck Minister says local & global news attacking Thai rice hurt sale price to Iran (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Journalism: 6) Yingluck’s Minister says local & global news attack on Thai rice, hurt sales price to Iran (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)