GJBKK, a famous expatriate in Thailand, who had suffered a major accident, apparently had made a mistake and mixed up two of transparency international ratings. But he is correct that 18% of Thais have paid a bribe, a figure much better than countries such as Indonesia and Vietnam, and that Thaksin and Yingluck’s government are less corrupt than Abhisit.
About 18% of Thais said they have paid a bribe in the last year, according to Transparency International’s Global Corruption Barometer, 2013, with a hefty chunk said they paid it to Thailand’s judicial process.
It should be noted, that in the latest Transparency International report on Thailand, Bangkok Post said that Thailand’s corruption was getting worse, as Thailand’s ranking compared to the globe fell. What the Bangkok Post left out, was that the raw data, of corruption under Yingluck was getting better, meaning less corruption. Bangkok Post also, of course, left out that that Yingluck raw data, was better than Thailand’s under Abhisit data. And the Bangkok Post also left out that the data of Thaksin‘s government, according to Transparency International, was the lest corrupt in recent memory. That Thaksin corruption data, was better than Abhisit’s data or the 2006 coup government data, meaning Thaksin government was less corrupt than both governments (Please feel free to research Transparency International perception ranking).
- Corruption? Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- The killing fields of Bangkok (ireport.cnn.com)
- Cabinet reshuffle empowers government, but Thailand’s mostly hate Yingluck press to negate gains (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Corruption? Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaijournalismwatch.wordpress.com)
- Corruption Focus: 3) Bangkok Post big-shot donates US$60,000 to Abhisit’s Democrat Party (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)