Yingluck just re-shuffle her cabinet to re-cooperate lost popularity, heading into an election in 2 years. But local press, well known as mostly “Hate Yingluck” may negate gains. Already, as the cabinet re-shuffle and new ministers, by journalism standard, is big news, the likes of Bangkok Post, ran as the lead story, of a Thai rice exporter blasting away at Yingluck. Facing such “Hate Yingluck” head-wind, Yingluck must increase “Direct Communications” with the people of Thailand. It is the only way to break the “Hate Yingluck” news outfit monopoly of Thailand communications channel. Bernama reports; Thailand’s ruling political party, Pheu Thai, says the upcoming cabinet reshuffle will only help strengthen the coalition, which has been in office for nearly two years, Thai News Agency (TNA) reported. Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said on Sunday only experienced individuals would be invited to join the new cabinet. He also dismissed allegations that perks would be given to the ‘certain’ individuals in return for cabinet seat. Meanwhile, Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut told reporters earlier that he had doubts with the new cabinet line-up, including the ability of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to take on the defence ministerial portfolio. A recent survey conducted by the local Suan Dusit Poll had shown change in support for the government parties, including a rise in popularity for rights activist Paveena Hongsakul, who was tipped to become next minister for Social Development and Human Security. Coming in second in the polls was Chaturon Chaisaeng, who was expected to become education minister. However, up to 58 percent of all the respondents believed that a cabinet reshuffle would not bring about any change in administration because core government policies still remained.
- Global press destroys Thai rice scheme price matrix, as Yingluck rumored to lower selling price (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Will Yingluck include “Grade A” people into her cabinet re-shuffle? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck Focus: 3) What happens when most press is against Yingluck? Nothing but the same old elite plan! (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- Yingluck poised to to incorporate “Grade A” people, but will she push the “Go” button? (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai government shuffles Cabinet midway into term (miamiherald.com)